Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Remove Friends Reunited Account

 Remove Friends Reunited  Account 
 Image result for Remove Friends Reunited  Account

 How to Remove Friends Reunited  Account
Friends Reunited  is a UK based. School, college, work, sport and streets started July 2000  

Back before Facebook, Friends Reunited was a nascent social networking/school reunion site that was quite popular in the UK. It recently relaunched, and emailed all its old users to let them know.
I was one of them, and this reminded me that I should go back and delete my account, since I have no intention of using the service.
Once I had logged myself in (astonishingly, I still remembered my password), I found that the option to remove my account was actually pretty easy to find, and was quite clear that it would be a permanent deletion:
“This will permanently delete your account,” it states (the red emphasis is mine). That’s pretty unequivocal, and not exactly open to interpretation.
It is also completely untrue.
After using this option I was returned to the homepage, with a confirmation that my account had been deleted:
Call me untrusting, but I thought I’d check to see if the account was actually deleted or not. So I tried that big blue ‘Sign me in now’ button once again.
Well, well, well. So I can restore my account? The one you said would be permanently deleted? How very interesting. And utterly unsurprising.
Of course, they aren’t complete idiots, so they are careful to cover their backsides legally in their Privacy Policy:

0 comments:

Post a Comment